Chapter 8. Submission Forms
Note: Previews of all forms and certifications are available via the NASA SBIR/STTR Resources website, located at http://sbir.gsfc.nasa.gov/sbir/firm_library/index.html.
8.1 SBIR Phase II Checklist
For assistance in completing your Phase II proposal, use the following checklist to ensure your submission is complete.
- The proposal and innovation is submitted for one subtopic only (section 3.1).
- The entire proposal package is submitted consistently with the requirements outlined in section 3.4.
- Proposal Contact Information
- Proposal Certifications
- Proposal Summary
- Proposal Budget
- Including letters of commitment for Government resources and subcontractors/consultants (if applicable)
- Foreign Vendor form (if applicable) – Note: NASA and the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) has issued a policy that requires a review of any request to purchase materials or supplies from foreign vendors
- Technical Proposal—10 Parts in the order specified in section 3.4.4, not to exceed 46 pages, including all graphics, and starting with a table of contents.
- Briefing Chart (must not contain proprietary data)
- NASA Evaluation License Application, only if TAV is being proposed
- Capital Commitments Addendum Supporting Phase II and Phase III (optional)
- Technical and Business Assistance (TABA) Request, if applicable
- Firm-Level Forms (completed once for all proposals submitted to a single solicitation) (Section 3.4.3)
- Firm Certifications
- Audit Information
- Prior Awards Addendum
- Commercialization Metrics Survey (CMS)
- Disclosures of Foreign Affiliations or Relationships to Foreign Countries
- Electronic Endorsement by the Small Business Official and Principal Investigator (PI)
- The technical proposal shall not exceed a total of 46 8.5- by 11-inch pages and shall follow the format requirements (section 3.4.2).
- The technical proposal contains all 10 parts in order (section 3.4.4).
- Any additional required letters/documentation.
- A letter of commitment from the facility manager if the research or R/R&D effort requires use of Federal facilities (section 3.4.4).
- Letters of commitment from subcontractors/consultants.
- Letters in support of Capital Commitments Addendum.
- If the firm is an eligible joint venture or limited partnership, a copy or comprehensive summary of the joint venture agreement or partnership agreement is included.
- NASA Evaluation License Application if proposing the use of NASA technology (TAV).
- Supporting documentation of budgeted costs.
- Proposed funding does not exceed $850,000 (section 1.4), and if requesting TABA, the cost for TABA does not exceed $50,000 (section 3.4.13).
- Proposed project duration does not exceed 24 months (section 1.3).
- Proposal package electronically endorsed by the Small Business Official and the Principal Investigator (PI) at the required deadline.
- Complete Phase II proposal packages and all endorsements shall be received no later than 5 p.m. ET on the last day of the Phase I contract period of performance (section 6.1).