Join our diverse community of pioneers who are researching and developing technologies to change the world. The NASA Small Business Innovation Research and Small Business Technology Transfer (SBIR/STTR) program provides more than just early-stage funding – we open doors to a community that awaits you. Whether your destination is the Marketplace, the Moon, or Mars–let us help you get there.
- Early-stage funding for research & development (R&D)
- Up to $1.15 million during your first three years, plus up to nearly $3 million or more through our Post Phase II opportunities
- We take zero equity, and you are in control of your intellectual property
- The experience of working with NASA experts on your technology
- The opportunity to join us on one of our many ambitious missions
- A network of diverse entrepreneurs and innovators
- A door into potential work with NASA programs and other government agencies
- A way to hone your business skills to complement your technical skills
- A way to de-risk your technology as you work to mature it
- A reputation that comes with working with an agency known for expanding the physical and mental boundaries of humanity
A U.S. small business with 500 or fewer employees is eligible to submit a proposal for funding. If you are an innovator and have not yet established a company, it’s never too early to start learning about the funding opportunities available to you.
The STTR program requires collaboration between the small business submitting a proposal and a research institution. Whether you are a small business or research institution, there are ways to find a partner if you don’t already have one.
Read stories of some small businesses who have found success.
Check out SBIR/STTR-derived technologies that commercialized to benefit life on Earth.
Additional Sources of Assistance
You have a community of support. Check out some additional sources.